First preferance EB-1

Individuals who have risen to the top of their field are eligible for an EB-1 visa. There are 3 occupational categories, extraordinary abilities, outstanding professors and researchers and multinational manager or executive.

Extraordinary Abilities: This category is for those who's achievements are recognized in a particular field through extensive documentation. No offer of employment is required.


  • Demonstrate extraordinary abilities in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim.
  • Provide evidence of a one-time achievement, for example, Pulitzer, Oscar, Olympic Medal

Outstanding professors and researchers: This category is for those who demonstrate international recognition for outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. 


  • You must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in particular academic area.
  • Offer of employment from the prospective U.S. employer.

Multinational manager or executive: This category is for individuals who have a permanent job offer form a U.S. company to work in an executive or managerial position.  

  • Demonstrate that you were employed by a company affiliated with your current U.S. employer as a manager or executive outside the U.S. for at least one year out of the three years before your transfer to the United States.
  • Demonstrate executive duties or managerial duties
  • Petitioning employer must be a U.S. employer
  • Employer must have been doing business for at least 1 year, as an affiliate, a subsidiary, or as the same corporation or other legal entity that employed you abroad.

Second preference EB-2

An individual might be eligible for a green card if he or she holds an advanced degree in a certain profession or are a foreign national with exceptional abilities. Athletics and entertainers are eligible for an EB-2 visa.

How to Prove an Advance Degree

  • Documentation demonstrating official academic record.
  • Letter from former employer proving five years of experience in specific specialty.

How to Prove you have Exceptional Abilities

  • Must show exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business.
  • Evidence demonstrating salary or other monetary compensation for services demonstrating exceptional abilities.
  • Demonstrate that individual will benefit the National economy and or welfare of the Unites States.
  • Must be able to prove membership in professional association.
  • Letters documenting ten years of experience.

Third preference EB-3 Visa

Individuals eligible for EB-3 visas are professionals, skilled workers and other workers. Professionals must have a degree and be sponsored by an employer. Skilled workers are individuals in a full-time job with 2 years of work experience or training. Other workers are individuals that have less than 2 years experience or training for a specific job.