Allows foreigners to be employed by US companies that require theoretical and practical knowledge. Applicant must have a bachelors or higher degree in his or her specialty. Only 65,000 H1-B visas are granted every year. H1-B visa holders are allowed to stay in the US for a period of 3 years time period can be extended but can not pass more than 6 years. Some job occupations are engineers, scientists and fashion models.
Criteria for Specialty Occupation:
- Baccalaureate degree or higher or equivalent certification for specific job.
- Degree must pertain to specific industry
- Specific job duties are very specialized in job description.
Criteria for Degree and Experience:
- Must have US Baccalaureate degree or higher
- Must have a foreign degree equivalent to a US degree; BA or Masters
- Must have specialized training and recognition of expertise directly related to a specialty job.
Types of H1-B Visas
H1-B2 Visa: DOD Researcher and Development Project Worker
H1-B3 Visa: Fashion Model